Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Whoring... I mean selling myself

I've spent the better part of tonight contacting my favorite blogs and professionals about the book. I'm expecting tons of eye-rolling and emails sent straight to the trash. Still, I can't let that deter me. Colonel Sanders had over 1,000 rejections before he found someone who liked his chicken recipe. If a man in his sixties can pound the pavement that many times, then a nerd in his late 30's should be able to get rejected twice that many times over email!! (Colonel Sanders, you're my hero)

In the meantime, here's and old sketch to keep the blog full of pretty pictures. I was watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand a lot around this time. (note the date at the bottom) I guess that's why the guy looks like a Masters of the universe concept. I just wanted to do something with lots of muscles and anatomy. I really enjoyed doing the hand claws.


I normally don't ink my stuff. I guess I'm scared of making a mistake that I can't fix. I say that, but I used to sketch with a blue Bic pen all the time when I was bored. Now that I'm more comfortable with photoshop I'll probably start inking my pictures more often. It's just that I love seeing the sketchy lines of a pencil showing through. I like to see the process. I've never been a fan of super clean looking artwork. I think a few mistakes here and there keeps the picture organic and lively. 

With that said, there are a few pens I like to use when I do ink. Maybe that will be tomorrow's post.
"I don't always ink, but when I do, I use....." Keep drawing my friends. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment