Saturday, March 2, 2013

Staple - Independent Media Expo

Today was the annual Staple Expo. I decided to stop by for a few hours and was really impressed with the turn out. I even ran into a friend who had booth. Check out the logo they posted this year. (None of the artwork on today's post is mine)

Staple

 I was really impressed with the turnout. It seems to get better every year. What I like best is the variety you can find there. it's not just indie comics, but various shirts, buttons and prints too.

Here's a few things I picked up today. I didn't grab any typical comics. I decided to go a little alternative this year.

** It goes without saying that these images are owned by the artists. I'm just posting them here to show off their stuff **

Here are some amazing prints from Jessica Grundy. I usually mosey past the tables, but I stopped at hers and had to buy something. These have an Alice in Wonderland feel, so I grabbed them for Misty's office. Everything in there is Alice themed.

Jessica Grundy



Here's one from the wife of friend who had a booth. She does a lot of really neat intricate pencil work.

Kim Scoulios



And of course there's this guy. Not only does Kenon have really good illustrations, but who can pass up a shirt with Cthulu riding a bike?.....no one... NO ONE I TELL YOU!


Kennon James


I plan on getting a table next year. I would have this year, but I missed the cut off working on my second issue. By next year I should have all four issues of the first story arc done, and plan to combine them into a single trade.

See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment