Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 2 - Halloween Sketch


I drew this one last night and fell in love. As frustrating as day 1 was, this was the opposite. I did have to erase two or three gestures before I landed on this one. I will most likely post a colored version of this when I get time. 

I'm working on using a softer pencil on illustration board. I was always intrigued by Adam Hughes' comments that he likes a soft pencil so he feels like he's "gliding across the page". I used to hate soft lead because it smears like a bitch. However, once you have the layout done, if you start rendering at the top and draw towards the bottom, it prevents you from dragging your hand across your finished lines and prevents smearing. I also use a light cloth to gently brush away eraser bits. 

I used a 2B on Blue Line Pro illustration board. I'm almost thinking I could go down to a 3B, but I want to give this one some time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment